QI Extended Power Profile Transmitter
Following the recommendations defined by the WPC (Wireless Power Consortium), this solution allows to test the compliance of a contactless power transmitter (for example wireless chargers), for the Extended Power Profile Test.
The WPC (Wireless Power Consortium) defines a framework of test procedures, aiming at verifying the global interoperability of power transmitters with power receivers.
Even though Micropross offering covers both receiver and transmitter testing, in both Basline and Extended Power Profile variantes, this solution here focuses on transmitter testing, in the Extended Power Profile mode.
This solution is based on the MP500 TCL3 tester, and the dedicated WPC accessory kit. Therefore, the Micropross solution has the unique asset of enabling both Wireless Charging, but also NFC testing, based on the same hardware.
Following at 100% the requirements defined in the 'System Description Wireless Power Transfer Volume I: Baseline Power Profile Part 3: Compliance Testing', the main characteristics of this solution are :
- one compact test tool, embedding all necessary generation and measurement features
- availability of all normative accessories (TPR, TPT, Foreign objects, Thermo couple, …)
- fully automated operation mode, for less mistakes in the measurement
- automated generation of test reports
- easy migration to Extended Power Profile testing, as well as receiver testing
- load modulation amplitude
- frequency modulation
- selection phase
- digital ping
- certification of power transmitters towards the specifications edited by the WPC (Wireless Power Consortium)
- pre-certification at vendor R&D labs of power transmitters