QI Baseline Power Profile Transmitter
Following the recommendations defined by the WPC (Wireless Power Consortium), this solution allows to test the compliance of a contactless power transmitter (for example wireless chargers) ,in the Baseline Power Profile variante.
The WPC (Wireless Power Consortium) defines a framework of test procedures, aiming at verifying the global interoperability of power transmitters with power receivers.
Even though Micropross offering covers both receiver and transmitter testing, in both Baseline and Extended power profile variantes, this solution here focuses on transmitter testing, in the Baseline Power Profile mode.
This solution is based on the MP500 TCL3 tester, and the dedicated WPC accessory kit. Therefore, the Micropross solution has the unique asset of enabling both Wireless Charging, but also NFC testing, based on the same hardware.
Following at 100% the requirements defined in the 'System Description Wireless Power Transfer Volume I: Baseline Power Profile Part 3: Compliance Testing', the main characteristics of this solution are :
- one compact test tool, embedding all necessary generation and measurement features
- availability of all normative accessories (TPR, TPT, Foreign objects, Thermo couple, …)
- fully automated operation mode, for less mistakes in the measurement
- automated generation of test reports
- easy migration to Extended Power Profile testing, as well as receiver testing
The WPC test set is made of the following items :
- MP500 TCL3
- MPManager test platform
- Qi Baseline Power Profile Transmitter test suite
- Qi accessory kit
The MPManager test platform takes control of the MP500 TCL3, and performs test sessions according to the requirements of the WPC. Physical measurement are done automatically by the MP500, and the test platform gives a clear verdict, and displays the reason why a test case passes, or fails.
The coverage of the Baseline Power Profile tests is at 100%, including :
- load modulation amplitude
- ping phase
- signal strength
This WPC test solution will typically be used in the following contexts :
- certification of power transmitters towards the specifications edited by the WPC (Wireless Power Consortium)
- pre-certification at vendor R&D labs of power transmitters