ICAO Layers 1-2 (e-passport)
Micropross ICAO Layers 1 and 2 test suite allows the compliance test of biometric passports following the recommendation of the ICAO (International Civil Aviation Organisation) , from an analog standpoint.
The ICAO (International Civil Aviation Organisation) has defined a set of test procedures to guarantee the interoperability between biometric passports, and associated readers. Several layers are defined :
- layers 1-2 : analog testing
- layers 3-4 : digital (protocol) testing
- layers 6-7 : application testing
Micropross implements all test methods from layers 1 to 4, and got their test tool validated by German Laboratory Cetecom, to testify the quality of their implementation. Cetecom is the worldwide undisputed reference when it comes to test of electronic government documents.
The main features of this solution are :
- fully automated test procedure. The test suite takes control of the signal generator, the oscilloscope, the ISO 10373-6 test bench, and performs the test cases according to the ICAO reference documents
- implementation of 100% of the Layers 1 and Layers 2 defined test cases
- also features BSI specific test cases
- support of the different authentication mechanisms (BAC, EAC, SAC)
- automated generation of test reports, ready to be shared with your partners, your customers and your colleagues
On the analog side, our test library will take control of the different parts of the Contactless Test Station, to on the first step, generate the adequate test conditions, and then, perform the test session, and collect the necessary measurement.
That means, operations that would typically require hours to be performed, would now take a few seconds.
Hardware components :
Test library coverage : 100% of the test methods that are documented in the ICAO test specification, including :
- Alternating magnetic field
- Load modulation amplitude
- Operating field strength
- Communication stability
- Startup time - Polling (is normally layer 3, but included in layers 1-2 because it needs to be performed with a strict control in the physical conditions)
The tool offers editable zones to edit different test parameters, such as MRZ (Machine Readable Zone), and the different certificates. Once those parameters are filled out, the test procedure is fully automated.
This biometric passeport test solution will typically be used in the following contexts :
- conformance testing of biometric Passports following the ICAO specification