EMV L1 Contact Card Protocol
This EMV L1 Contact Card Protocol test tool allows to perform all protocol test cases defined in the EMV L1 test specifications, and therefore perform pre-certification before submitting a smart card to an EMVCo laboratory for type approval.
EMVCo has published a reference document of test cases allowing to ensure the compliance with their standards, and general interoperability between contact smartcards and readers, in the business context of payment.
This tool completely implements the test cases defined inside the EMV 4.3a version (electrical and protocol).
The main features of this test tool are :
- total implementation of the test cases defined inside the 'EMV Card Type Approval Level 1 Electrical and Protocol Test Cases Version 4.3a' document
- test operation totally automated
- automated generation of the test reports
- integrated viewer, for a better failure analysis
This tool contains all electrical test cases defined in the 'EMV Card Type Approval Level 1 Electrical and Protocol Test Cases' document.
The test tool will perform typical EMVCo transactions, and make sure that the contact smartcard handles them in a correct manner.
Hardware platform :
Test case coverage : 100% of the test cases defined inside the 'EMV Card Type Approval Level 1 Electrical and Protocol Test Cases' document, including :
- Handling of the T=0 and T=1 protocol
- Management of errors (parity, retransmission, error signal positionning, …)
This EMV test tool will typically be used in the following context :
- debug of contact smartcards, before official type approval