EMV L1 Contact Card Electrical
This EMV L1 Contact Card Electrical test tool allows to perform all electrical test cases defined in the EMV L1 test specifications, and therefore perform pre-certification before submitting a smart card to an EMVCo laboratory for type approval.
EMVCo has published a reference document of test cases allowing to ensure the compliance with their standards, and general interoperability between contact smartcards and readers, in the business context of payment.
This tool completely implements the test cases defined inside the EMV 4.3a version (electrical and protocol).
The main features of this test tool are :
- total implementation of the test cases defined inside the 'EMV Card Type Approval Level 1 Electrical and Protocol Test Cases Version 4.3a' document
- test operation totally automated
- automated generation of the test reports
- integrated viewer, for a better failure analysis
This tool contains all electrical test cases defined in the 'EMV Card Type Approval Level 1 Electrical and Protocol Test Cases Version 4.3a' document.
The tool will generate different physical test conditions, thanks to the MP300 TC3 tester versatility, and make sure that the card is able to handle those conditions.
Then, the tool will perform some physical measurement, related to voltages, current, immunity to spikes…
Hardware platform :
- MP300 TC3
- MP-ESC + extension cable (necessary for climatic chamber testing)
Test case coverage : 100% of the test cases defined inside the 'EMV Card Type Approval Level 1 Electrical and Protocol Test Cases Version 4.3a' document, including :
- Supply Voltage, Reset, Clock and Input/Output
- I/O Transmission Voltage
- I/O Transmission rise/fall times
- I/O, CLK, RST perturbations
This EMVCo test tool will typically be used in the following context :
- debug of contact smartcards, before official type approval