Contactless Test Station
- Supports all NFC Forum test cases (analog, digital protocol, LLCP, SNEP)
- Our EMVCo L1 contactless analog solutions are the only ones validated by EMVCo
All-in-one box : contains all necessary hardware for analog, digital and application testing
- Tool to perform ISO/IEC 10373-6:2011, ICAO, NFC Forum, EMVCo and ISO/IEC 10373-7 tests
Supplied with a complete set of antennas and accessories
- Runs automatically thanks to the MPManager Test Platform
The main features of the Contactless Test Station are :
- Ideal tool to perform RF and digital testing based on the proximity and vicinity technologies
- Compliance checking with ISO 14443 : analog and digital test cases from ISO 10373-6:2011 document are implemented, for both cards (PICC) and terminals (PCD)
- Availability of validated EMVCo L1 analog and digital test solutions
- E-passport testing : ICAO layers 1-2 (analog), and layers 3-4 (digital/protocol) test suites are available
- Testing of NFC devices : ISO 18092 (ECMA 340) compliance checking test cases for both analog (ISO 22536/ECMA 356) and digital (ISO 23917/ECMA 362)
- Presence of an automation software, allowing automatic performing of smartcards, e-Passports and NFC devices testing
- Compatible with NFC Forum defined test cases
- Complete toolset, allowing to perform each tests described inside the specifications
- Performs smartcard/tag as well as reader testing
- Uses an oscilloscope and a RF amplifier
- Operates with the MP300 TCL2
- Generation of comprehensive test reports
- Supplied with all necessary accessories (antennas, coils, references)
- Operates with brand new MPManager Test Platform
- Possibility to create customer test cases, and extend Micropross supplies ones
This tool will typically be used in the following contexts :
- Rf/analog and digital interoperability checking
- debug of chip OS
- characterisation of smartcards, RFID tags, and readers
See also :
- Microbot elegantly completes the Contactless Test Station, allowing users to automatize test cases defining different positions
One of the true great features of the Contactless Test Station is the software side. A particular effort has been made by our engineers on supplying the maximum level of automation.
The Contactless Test Station is based on MPManager Test Platform, which is a cutting edge add-on to the regular MPManager software, and which enables performing test suites supplied by Micropross, or by its partners.
The MPManager Test Platform has been designed having in mind simplicity and high productivity.
No matter which test suite is selected by the customer, all test cases present appear, and the user can select which ones will be played, and which ones will not.
Once tests are chosen, they are executed in an automated manner. Whenever human instruction is necessary, clear instructions are presented, there is no way to perform operating mistakes.
In case analog tests are performed, the MPManager test platform controls all instrumentation devices, like the oscilloscope.
Once the oscilloscope is connected to the host PC, no human intervention is needed anymore. No caliber control, no trigger programming. During the test process, the user can see the oscilloscope working.
Users have the flexibility to build their own test intelligence, and play it inside the MPManager Test Plarform : this is called the "Development mode".
In this case, customers can open Micropross provided test suites inside the Development mode, and this time, the source code of the test cases is presented to them. Programming language is Python.
From this point, it is possible for the user to create his own test cases, or modify the Micropross defined ones.
A complete debugging environment is included, allowing programmers to test their own routines, with step by step debuggers, variable watchers and possibility to set breakpoints.
- the Universal Test Bench : this is the test apparatus that is described inside the ISO 10373-6:2011, ICAO, and ISO 22536 test specifications
- the ISO 10373-7 Test Bench : this is the test apparatus that is described inside the ISO 10373-7 document, and which allows functionnal test of VICC and VCD
- RF amplifier : for all analog test applications, a RF amplifier is needed. Micropross supplies his own design of power amplifier, a 50W powerhouse, controlled by a PC through a USB connection : MPRFA
- oscilloscopes : Micropross has integrated oscilloscopes from numerous suppliers, including Agilent, Tektronix and LeCroy. Micropross also proposes a lightweight ultra-fast oscilloscope, compatible with all of our test suites.
- test antennas
- sets of test suites. The coverage of Micropross Contactless Test Station keeps on extending, please contact your nearest Micropross dealer for more information on this topic.
- Automated reference devices (see below)
- Analog/Digital converter boards : this piece of hardware is necessary for NFC Forum and EMVCo analog testing, and is also controlled by the MPManager test platform
- EMVCo reference kit : this set, made of the official EMVCo reference PICC, EMVCo reference PCD and EMVCo CMR, is also available at Micropross, and is necessary for the performance of EMVCo analog L1 testing. Micropross also supplies an exclusive add-on for automated performance of PCD test cases
- NFC Forum reference kit : this set includes all 6 NFC Forum defined reference antennas (3 reference listeners, and 3 reference pollers).
- Manipulation robot : with Microbot, Micropross reminds everyone in the industry why we are the number 1 in the area of test solutions for laboratories. This robot has the ability to perform qualification of reader's operating volume, distance testing, and EMVCo/NFC Forum analog testing, in a 100% automated way.
Technological breakthrough : the automated reference PICC
To perform PCD tests, a Reference PICC is required to perform tests as described in the different test standards.
Depending on the test cases, you have to tune different parameters on the Reference PICC:
- the resonance frequency.
- the choice of the load (fixed or variable).
- the value of the variable load.
And, in addition to these settings you may need additional tools or features to perform the test:
- a voltmeter to measure a DC voltage on the Reference PICC.
- an adjustable power supply to inject a voltage in the Reference PICC.
- a feature to change the value of the 847kHz signal which is used to emulate a PICC and to test the reader sensitivity.
With the Micropross automated Reference PICC, all of this is history. On this antenna, all those settings are automated:
- resonance frequency
- choice of the load
- value of the load
And in addition :
- an integrated voltmeter.
- an integrated adjustable power supply.
- an integrated feature to change the amplitude of the 847kHz signal.
are integrated, external measurement devices are not required anymore.
This automated reference PICC is fully integrated inside the following test suites of Micropross'Contactless test station :
- ISO 10373-6:2011 PCD analog
- ISO 22536