QI Basline Power profile Receiver
Following the recommendations defined by the WPC (Wireless Power Consortium - Qi), this solution allows to test the compliance of a contactless power receiver (for example a mobile phone) in the Basline Power Profile variante.
The WPC (Wireless Power Consortium - Qi) defines a framework of test procedures, aiming at verifying the global interoperability of power transmitters with power receivers.
Even though Micropross offering covers both receiver and transmitter testing, in Baseline and Extended power profile variantes, this solution here focuses on receiver testing, in the Baseline power profile power mode.
This solution is based on the MP500 TCL3 tester, and the dedicated WPC accessory kit. Therefore, the Micropross solution has the unique asset of enabling both Wireless Charging, but also NFC testing, based on the same hardware.
Following at 100% the requirements defined in the 'System Description Wireless Power Transfer Volume I: Beseline power profile Part 3: Compliance Testing', the main characteristics of this solution are :
- one compact test tool, embedding all necessary generation and measurement features
- availability of all normative accessories (TPR, TPT, Foreign objects, Thermo couple, …)
- fully automated operation mode, for less mistakes in the measurement
- automated generation of test reports
- easy migration toExtended power profile testing, as well as transmitter testing
The test system is made of the following items :
The MPManager test platform takes control of the MP500 TCL3, and performs test sessions according to the requirements of the WPC. Physical measurement are done automatically by the MP500, and the test platform gives a clear verdict, and displays the reason why a test case passes, or fails.
The coverage of the Baseline Power Profile tests is at 100%, including :
- load modulation amplitude
- digital packets processing
- digital signal strength
This solution will typically be used in the following contexts :
- certification of power receivers towards the specifications edited by the WPC (Wireless Power Consortium)
- pre-certification at vendor R&D labs of power receivers