NFC Forum LLCP and SNEP
NFC FORUM TESTING
With recommendations of the NFC Forum, Micropross contactless test station provides a fully automated environment to perform conformance test of NFC devices. Focused on the NFC Forum LLCP and SNEP protocols, this test tool support standpoint, and will allow you to ensure that your NFC device correctly support those protocols.
The NFC Forum is a consortium that groups more than 150 companies, from all around the world, and who aims at promoting the use of the NFC technology, and which defines an interoperability framework (validating test tools, test laboratories, establishing test specifications, ...).
Micropross has been a member of the NFC Forum from the beginning, and strongly believed in this technology.
Our contribution to the NFC Forum is multiple :
- a Micropross engineer currently holds the chair of the RF Testing Taskforce. That means, the trends in analog testing are supervised by a Micropross engineer
- we have implemented all test specifications defined by the NFC Forum related to interoperability control (analog, digital protocol, LLCP, SNEP)
- we managed to get our analog and digital protocol validated, in a record time
Based on the Contactless Test Station test tool, our NFC Forum test solutions are the perfect companion of our EMVCo test solutions.
The main features of our NFC Forum solutions are :
- Test solutions based on the real NFC Forum test specifications
- Solutions validated by the NFC Forum
- Fully automated test operation
- Automated generation of test reports
- Solutions used at NFC Forum laboratories, for debug and type approval
Even though those respective specifications are still evolving, Micropross is on top of the innovation, and already provides libraries for those two standards.
LLCP (Logical Link Control Protocol) is comparable to the TCP/IP and UDP layers of an ethernet transmission, and provides a framework to send messages, in a connected (reliable) or non connected mode. Layers above, such as SNEP, use LLCP as conveying link for their business oritented messages.
SNEP (Simple NDEF Exchange Protocol) lies at the application layer, and allows the exchange of messages between NFC devides, using the Peer2Peer mode.
Hardware components :
Test library coverage : 100% of the NFC Forum 'Test Cases for LLCP (Version 1.1.02)' and 'Test Cases for SNEP (Version 1.1.02)' documents
The Micropross NFC test solutions will typically be used in the following contexts :
- for laboratories, reference tool for type approval
- for any company, reference test bench, for pre-certification, before going to the official laboratory for type approval