NFC FORUM Analog
Micropross provides part of the Contactless Test Station fully automated environment to perform conformance test of NFC devices with the recommendations of the NFC Forum. This tool focuses on the analog standpoint, and will allow you to measure load modulation amplitudes (LMA), field strength, waveshape quality of your device.
The NFC Forum is a consortium that groups more than 150 companies, from all around the world, and who aims at promoting the use of the NFC technology, and which defines an interoperability framework (validating test tools, test laboratories, establishing test specifications, ...).
Micropross has been a member of the NFC Forum from the beginning, and strongly believed in this technology.
Our contribution to the NFC Forum is multiple :
- a Micropross engineer currently holds the chair of the RF Testing Taskforce. That means, the trends in analog testing are supervised by a Micropross engineer
- we have implemented all test specifications defined by the NFC Forum related to interoperability control (analog, digital protocol, LLCP, SNEP)
- we managed to get our analog and digital protocol validated, in a record time
Based on the Contactless Test Station test tool, our NFC Forum test solutions are the perfect companion of our EMVCo test solutions.
The main features of our NFC Forum solutions are :
- Test solutions based on the real NFC test specifications
- Test solutions validated by the NFC Forum
- Fully automated test operation
- Usage of the NFC Forum reference components (3 pollers, 3 listeners, the 8 shaped coil)
- Automated generation of test reports
- Solutions used at NFC Forum laboratories, for debug and type approval
Our test tool implements 100% of the test cases and measurement methods defined in the 'NFC Forum analog test specification'. Even better, our tool is listed as officially approved by the NFC Forum, which is an undisputable proof of quality.
Our test suite will perform in a 100% automated manner all NFC requested measurement, such as the load modulation amplitude, the subcarrier measurement. It will also generate the adequate physical values (Vsov, carrier frequency, …) and check the ability of the Device Under Test to correctly operate under those conditions.
Furthermore, for even more automation, Micropross proposes a range of manipulation robots, allowing to place the measurement antenna at the different places within the NFC Forum operating volume.
Micropross supplies the NFC Forum antenna kit (3 reference pollers, 3 reference listeners, 1 8 shaped antenna), and, on demand, the associated calibration certificates.
Our libraries implement all listener and poller tests, and depending on your needs, can be split
Hardare components :
- the Contactless Test Station
- the NFC Forum reference kit (3 reference pollers, 3 reference listeners, 1 8-shaped antenna)
- the manipulation robot (optionnal)
- the reference listener automatisers
Test library coverage : 100% of the NFC Forum 'Test Cases for Analog (Version 2.0) ' document, including :
- Radio Frequency Power and Signal Interface
- Signal Interface Listening Device to Polling Device (Load modulation and subcarrier modulation)
- Carrier Frequency Measurement
- Load Modulation Sensitivity Test for NFC-A, B and F
The Micropross NFC test solutions will typically be used in the following contexts :
- for laboratories, reference tool for type approval
- for any company, reference test bench, for pre-certification, before going to the official laboratory for type approval