EMV L1 Contactless Terminal Digital
Micropross provides part of the Contactless Test Station an EMVCo test tool to perform conformance test of contactless terminals from a digital standpoint. The nature of the test is linked to the immunity of the terminal to protocol errors (parity, retransmissions), and also to its management of EMDs.
The EMVCo (Europay-Mastercard-Visa & Co) is an organisation made of the biggest payment operators in the world, aiming at allowing global interoperability.
For test purposes, EMVCo has defined Level 1 and Level 2. Level 1 is focusing on the 'low level' concerns : analog side, and protocol, whereas Level 2 concentrates on the application layer : the good execution of a debit/credit transaction for example.
Level 1 test specifications are common to all EMVCo members. Level 2, passed the 'entry point' layers, define specific test methods for each payment operators.
Micropross focuses on EMV Level 1 testing, but certainly can recommend selected partners for Level 2 testing tasks.
Micropross is a provider of EMV L1 Contactless Digital PCD test benches, including all necessary hardware and software to perform the tests in conformance with the EMVCo recommendations.
The main features of our EMV L1 test solutions are :
- Test solutions based on the real EMV test specifications
- Fully automated test operation
- Automated generation of test reports
- Solutions widely used at EMVCo laboratories, for debug and type approval
- Presence of all EMDs generation test cases
The test cases are implementing with a 100% accuracy the requirements of the 'EMV Type Approval Contactless Terminal Level 1 PCD Digital Test Bench and Test Cases' document, in its latest version (2.6)
Based on the 'EMV Type Approval Contactless Terminal Level 1 PCD Digital Test Bench and Test Cases' test specification, this test tool will make sure that a contactless terminal (or a NFC device in reader/writer mode) is able to perform a transaction accordingly to the requirements of EMVCo. Timings, retransmission, reaction to errors are in the scope of this test tool
Our test tool furthermore implements the generation of EMD (Electro magnetic disturbance), making the test coverage even more complete.
Hardware components :
Test library coverage : 100% of the test cases documented in the 'EMV Type Approval Contactless Terminal Level 1 PCD Digital Test Bench and Test Cases' specification, including :
- Timing measurement
- Good transition within the ISO 14443 state machine
- Management of chained data
- Management of errors (parity, timing, …)
- Electro magnetic disturbance generation
The Micropross EMVCo test solutions will typically be used in the following contexts :
- for laboratories, reference tool for type approval
- for any company, reference test bench, for pre-certification, before going to the official laboratory for type approval