EMV L1 Contactless Card Analog
An EMVCo certified test tool is provided in the Contactless test Station to perform conformance test of contactless smartcards and NFC enabled mobile phones from an analog standpoint.
The EMVCo (Europay-Mastercard-Visa & Co) is an organisation made of the biggest payment operators in the world, aiming at allowing global interoperability.
For test purposes, EMVCo has defined Level 1 and Level 2. Level 1 is focusing on the 'low level' concerns : analog side, and protocol, whereas Level 2 concentrates on the application layer (the good execution of a debit/credit transaction for example).
Level 1 test specifications are common to all EMVCo members. Level 2, passed the 'entry point' layers, define specific test methods for each payment operators.
Micropross focuses on EMV Level 1 testing, but certainly can recommend selected partners for Level 2 testing tasks
Micropross is a certified provider of EMV L1 Contactless Analog PICC test benches, including all necessary hardware and software to perform the tests in conformance with the EMVCo recommendations.
The main features of our EMV L1 test solutions are :
- Test solutions based on the real EMVCo test specifications
- Solutions validated by EMVCo
- Fully automated test operation
- Usage of the EMV reference components (reference PICC, reference PCD, CMR)
- Automated generation of test reports
- Solutions widely used at EMVCo laboratories, for debug and type approval
- Availability of EMV L1 Contactless Mobile analog test cases
The test cases are implementing with a 100% accuracy the requirements of the 'EMV L1 PICC Analog test bench and test cases' document, in its latest version (2.6).
This test tool implements 100% of the EMVCO test cases that are defined in the 'EMV L1 PICC analog test bench and test cases' document, version 2.6.1a. Even though this test specification is confidential, our software interface supplies enough element to understand what happens during the test, and give some debug information, instead of just a go/no go result.
This test suite will perform all physical measurement as defined by the EMVCo, such as the load modulation measurement (Vpp), subcarrier frequency, responsiveness, loading effect in a fully automated manner.
Micropross also proposes manipulation robots, that will perform the task of placing the measurement antenna at the adequate position throughout the test campaign. The benefit for the customer, is that in this case, test sessions are performed without any human intervention.
We are proud to announce that our EMVCo L1 PICC analog test tool is the only one certified by the EMVCo, thus demonstrating a superior automatisation and reliability.
Hardware components :
- the Contactless Test Station
- the EMV reference kit (reference PICC, reference PCD, CMR)
- manipulation robot (optionnal)
Test library coverage : 100% of the test cases documented in the 'EMV L1 PICC analog test bench and test cases' specification, including :
- PICC load modulation measurement
- PICC bit level coding
- PICC subcarrier measurement
- influence of the PICC on the field
- PICC responsiveness to different physical conditions
The Micropross EMV test solutions will typically be used in the following contexts :
- for laboratories, reference tool for type approval
- for any company, reference test bench, for pre-certification, before going to the official laboratory for type approval